Saturday, August 22, 2009

Small Steps

This is a book called 'Small Steps' by Louis Sachar. This book is a succesion story of 'Holes'. The main character, Armpit, was at the Camp Green Lake, the place to which the people who did something wrong such as stealing and fighting were sent. After he was released from the Camp Green Lake, he dug a hole for Raincreek Irrigation and Landscaping and got paid every month. With that money, he went to a school. He missed two grades because he had been at the Camp Green Lake for two years. He decided to take small steps with his neibour called 'Ginny' to achieve plans such as graduating from high school and attending college. Ginny, who could not speak properly, was the only person who believed Armpit. His plan seemed to work well, but one day, his friend X-Ray thought of the other plan to get rich quickly. Armpit decided to give up his own plan and accepted X-Ray's plan. However, it did not work well because they tried to take big steps, different from those small steps that Armpit once tried. And through this failiure, Armpit realized the importance of small steps.

After you read this book, I'm sure you'll learn lots of lessons. And that's the reason why I recommend this book.

4 comments:

Middle school Neil said...

Nice book it is really interesting and cool. Do you know Armpit's real name is. I already read holes but I didn't read Small Steps.,

Michael said...

Youngwoo, this sounds like a great book with real meaning. Small steps, lots of them, can get you really far. Large steps? Get rich quick? Hardly never. Where's the *** rating?

Yong Hee Lee said...

Cool, I've read it too. I think i kinda like the names, becuz it's funny -0-. Anyways good work!

Middle School Si Won said...

Well, young woo!!! I think your blog entry is awesome... As you know, we read the same book and I realize I forgot to write about Ginny and the word, 'Small Steps' Anyways I think you did a great job. Thanks!!!

Si Won