Saturday, September 19, 2009

Diary of A Wimpy Kid

I read a book called "Diary of A Wimpy Kid". This book is on the list of 'Books which every student must read". This is a small reason why I chose this book. Another reason, which is a big reason, is that this book is really funny (which I heard this from my friends).

The main character, Greg Heffley, wrote special events that happened in one year. So this book has many short stories. My best story in this book occured at the last day of summer. Greg's brother, Rodrick, woke him up in the middle of the night. Rodrick told him that Greg was late. Greg worried that he might sleep too much and late for the first day at school. Greg didn't notice it was the middle of the night because Rodrick drew a curtain and set off the alarm at that time. Plus, he was dressed up in his school clothes. Greg hurridly went downstairs and made a breakfast and was eating. By then, the father came and shouted at him what the heck he is doing. A few seconds later, Greg understood what was going on and he told that Rodrick tricked him. So, father went upstairs to scold Rodrick but he covered up his tracks pretty good. He pretended he was sleeping. Anyway, because of Rodrick, he wasn't late for school and Greg thanked him.
As you can see, Rodrick played lots of tricks to Greg so Greg didn't like him very much. But Greg learned one thing from Rodrick, it's to set people's expectations real low so you end up surprising them by practically doing nothing at all.

I think Jeff Kinney is a good writer. I want to read his 3 series books. The book was funny but not as good as 'Just' series. 'Just' series are kind of wacky so I prefer them better. Maybe after I finish 3 books, I can try 'Just' series.


P.S. I will give 9 stars out of 10 stars.

1 comment:

Michael said...

You described very well the part where Greg gets awakened in the middle of the night to go to school. I wonder if this trick would really work? But how mean is it to play it on a person on their first day of school? Rodrick should get in trouble.