Saturday, September 19, 2009

The Indian in the Cupboard

This is a book called, "The Indian in the Cupboard" by Lynne Reid Banks. The genre of this book is fantasy. It is on the list of 'A book which every student must read' so that's a reason why I read it.

The main character Omri, got a plastic Indian toy from his best friend Patrick for a birthday present. From his brother, he got a cupboard. There wasn't a key eventhough there was a lockerhole. Omri wanted a key and eventually, he found one from his mother's key collection. He put the plastic Indian toy in the cupboard and locked it. To his surprise, the Indian became alive!
The next day, he figured out that if he puts plastic objects in the cupboard and locks it, they will become alive. But if he does that one more time, they will become plastic again.
At first, Indian thought Omri would kill him so he stabbed him with his small knife. It made Omri bleeding a little bit. As I read this part, I thought Indian must had been very brave.
As the day passed by, they became more friendly and had lots of adventures. One day, Patrick came to Omri's house and made a real cowboy by also putting him in the cupboard. The Indian tried to kill him but Omri didn't allow him to do that. Like Omri, they became friends as the day passed by but the only difference was that it took longer time to be friends each other.
In the end, the Indian got a bride and they wanted to have marriage at their real home so they decided to go back to their home. The story ends little bit sad.

When I finished this book, I was surprised that it only took 3 days to finish this book! I was in this book when I was reading so I didn't know that the time was passing. There are 3 series and I think they are going to be fun like this book. So I will read them if I find them.

P.S. I will give 5 stars out of 5 stars and I recommend anyone to read this book.

2 comments:

Michael said...

Yes, Boone was a great character, too. When Little Bear went back for his wedding it was sad. He was such a lovable, brave warrior.

Do you think he might come back in the next books? :-)

Middle School Si Won said...

Yeah. I found this book interesting too. I recommended this book to you remember? I told about part of the book. And I'm surprised that you chose the book I recommended. It's a good book.