Thursday, September 3, 2009

Earthquake in Indonesia

On September 2nd, there was an earthquake. When the earthquake occured, I was at the school so I didn't feel the earthquake. Before the earthquake occured, my friend told me that there was a snake on a table which should stay underground as usual. I wondered why it happened and I just thought it was no big deal. A few hours later, there was an earthquake. I didn't feel it but I heard some students yelling that an earthquake occured. So I thought there was a connection between snake and earthquake.

Indonesia gets lots of earthquake since Indonesia is located in the Ring of Fire. A Richter Scale on September 2nd was 7.4 which was strong enough to damage a big place in such a short time which makes the fact that this earthquake was 40km of the coast of Jasikmalaya, reasonable. There was also a tsunami warning for Indonesia is surrounded by sea and the earthquake occured from the sea.
After the earthquake, me and my friend realized that animals are much more sensible than humans so they react quicker than humans when earthquake occurs. And we thought that was a reason why the snake appeared.
From this disaster, about 40 people died. But a reporter said that they could find more victims which means there are more than 40 victims. Eventhough buildings weren't damaged, there were some cracks inside the building and on the wall.

3 comments:

Yong Hee Lee said...

Good post, but somehow your's look kinda simillar to mine :D

Middle School Si Won said...

Well, I think your blog post was awesome!!!
I think you used good and nice vocabulary and that made me think that I should work harder!

Anyways I think you made clear of what Mr Hughes said and clearly followed his instructions.

Nice work YOUNG Woo!!!

Michael said...

I agree with Si Won, Youngwoo. You did a very thorough job with this piece. You did not take the easy route, but actually worked to include many important details. Keep up the good social studies work, YwK.