Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Mile run

Yesterday, I did a mile run and it was crazy.
I was pretty scared before I ran because I had to beat my score to get A and I thought my last score, 8:24, was high for me to beat. But there was a good news. Mr.Macmullen, my PE teacher, was running with us and he said that he would run a mile in exactly 8 minutes. So I decided to just follow Mr.Macmullen and get 8 minutes. I made the first lap and the second lap with Mr.Macmullen but I was too tired when I was half way of my third lap. So I walked for a few seconds and ran again. But I got tired again and walked again. When I repeated this 5 times, I decided to give up to get higher score than 8:24 because I didn't rest when I ran last time. By the time Mr.Macmullen finished, I needed to go halfway more. This was my last chance and I sprinted as fast as I could until I thought I was really going to die. I had to go 100m more and I sprinted and I thought I would collapse but I wasn't. After I crossed the finish line, I collapsed and lied down on the field. Another PE teacher read my time. I didn't expect to get higher than 8:24 and I was wrong. My score was 8:23. I improved by just one second. I was very delighted and I was less tired than before.

No comments: