Friday, June 18, 2010

렛츠고 코리아!!! (Let's go Corea!!!)

OMG!!! I didn't (I mean I couldn't because there weren't any computer in my grandparents' houses.) post anything for one week!! I said I will visit Korea for 1 week but I get to stay here one more week because I get to do health checking thing. I am in my uncle's house right now where there is really good computer.
I want to write about my grandparents but today, I am gonna write about world cup. I will only talk about team B. There are Argentina, South Korea, Nigeria and Greece in team B. The first match in team B was South Korea against Greece. I couldn't watch it because I was heading to the airport. At first, I thought South Korea would lose or draw because Greece is in 13th place in Fifa while Korea is in 47th place. Finally, the game started. First half... Lee Jung Soo shot perfectly and it was a fabulous goal. Then in second half, Ji Sung Park snatched a ball from Greece defender, dribbled 30m distance amazingly passing two defenders and scored a fantastic goal. The final whistle blew. It was a great victory for South Korea.
The second game was Argentina against Nigeria. Argentina did a great job but Nigeria GK, Vincent Enyeama, did a better job and saved most of the shootings. A heading goal by Heinze in Argentina was both the first goal and the final goal. As a result, South Korea was in the 1st place, Argentina 2nd place, Nigeria third place and Greece last place.
The third match was Argentina VS South Korea. Waiting for 10 minutes in front of TV felt like an hour. In the first half, Chu Young Park scored an own goal. It was pretty depressing for South Korea and lost their bravery. As a result, Higuain scored a heading goal. After that before the whistle blew, Ki yun snatched the ball from the defender like Ji Sung Park did and scored a fantastic goal. In the second half, Higuain scored two goals and the game ended. The result was really bad, 4-1. The next game after this was Greece against Nigeria. I realized it would be advantage for South Korea if Greece beat Nigeria. I was really sleepy so I fell asleep and couldn't watch the game. When I woke up my dad told me it was 1-0 for Nigeria but he added that the game did not end yet. I wished Greece to score 2 goals and again fell asleep. The next day when I woke up, I asked my dad right away and he said Greece won 2-1. I thought I was dreaming because that was what I wished before!!! Argentina is now in the first place, South Korea is in the second place, Greece in third place and Nigeria in the last place.
Only the first top two teams in each team are able to go to the next level. It is pretty obvious that Argentina will beat Greece and if South Korea beat or draw against Nigeria, Argentina and South Korea will go to the next level.

LET'S GO COREA!!!

2 comments:

Michael said...

Yes, I saw the Korea/Greece result and knew you would be happy. :-)

I am currently watching the US vs. Slovenia match, US down 2-0. Not good.

I'm now in a place where I can be posting more regularly. That will feel good.

Be well, and be sure to comment on the blogs of others who are writing.

mh

Jane Lee said...

I saw the Korea against Greece game and Korea against Argentina. I felt so bad when Korea lost. I hope we go to 16강