Wednesday, January 27, 2010

My mom's birthday

January 12th is my mother's birthday!! I was really busy doing my homework so I totally forgot about mom's birthday. When I finished my homework and turned on TV to rest, my sister came to me and asked if I know today is my mom's birthday. I replied no and my sister scolded me how I forgot that. I was a little bit suspicious because she was much busier than I was and she remembered it was mom's birthday. So my sister and I decided to write a letter and make some delicious food. I used an envelope I liked the best and we made a cake. My mom went shopping so she didn't know anything we were doing at that time. The first cake we made looked awful and tasted awful so we made another cake. This time, the cake looked OK and it tasted good. We added some topics like kiwis, oranges etc. Then we put it in a refrigerator and when my mom rang a bell we took it out quickly and hid it in my sister's room. My mom didn't notice what we did and I got scolded because I didn't finish the rest of the homework but I felt good. Later when it was dinner time, my sister tiptoed to the dining room and put the cake we made and candles enclosing two letters we wrote. When my mom came down to the dining room to start making food, she found the cake and was impressed. I was really happy at that time. I realized that my sister also didn't know it was mom's birthday because later when my father came back, he said that he told my sister about my mom's birthday. Normally, I would be kind of angry but at that time, I didn't.
It was really a nice day. :)

1 comment:

Ivan Zhang said...

So u made 2 cakes, what happened to the first one? and how didn't ur mom know? do u have ninja skills? :)