Saturday, October 17, 2009

Earthquake

Yesterday, there was an earthquake!!! I was in Biduery apartment 16th floor at that time. I was there for academy. My teacher went somewhere and she hadn't arrived yet so I had to wait on the sofa. Suddenly, I felt that the sofa jittered a bit but a few seconds later, it became fine again. After this, I thought of two things. One was "Maybe, maybe if I am unlucky, it's an earthquake." The second thing was "Never mind. I bet this sofa just jittered a bit because this sofa is old and quite unbalance." And I glanced at the clock if it also jitters. It was OK. But soon, the sofa jittered again. This time, it jittered longer and stronger. I became worried. By then, the teacher's maid screamed, "Earthquake!!!!" I was terrified because this was my first time I felt the earthquake. When the first earthquake occured, I was at the school so I didn't feel it and I thought to myself that it's no big deal because the buildings didn't damage.
But, I realized that I was totally wrong. First, the maid and I went out the house and we found my teacher right in front of the door. She didn't know the earthquake occured. We pressed the button to catch an elevator. I knew it was wrong to ride an elevator when there's an earthquake but I froze and couldn't tell that it's dangerous. While we were waiting for the elevator to arrive, I felt the floor was moving back and forth. It felt like I was on a carpet and someone was moving the carpet back and forth. I couldn't stand straight.
When we were going down by the elevator, something really afraid and dangerous thing happened. One little kid also rode an elevator and his arm stuck by the door of elevator. Extremely fortunately, someone pulled out his arm quickly and he was safe. To my surprise, the little boy didn't cry.
Everything became fine after a few minutes. Even though the Richter Scale was weak, I felt like I was going to throw up. But still, I thanked my god that the earthquake was not very strong.

1 comment:

Michael said...

Yes, Young Woo, I experienced the earthquake as well. I was on the 5th floor of the hospital visiting a friend and I felt the whole building sway. It was pretty scary, but nobody panicked.

Check some of the other blogs, and you'll see they are all reacting to the quake.

Enjoy your break, keep writing, and comment on others as well.

Be safe.

mjh